I have admit that when I first made this dish I was a little worried. This dish does have a sauce-like portion to it, but it didn’t look like enough. I was tempted to add more to it to make it saucier but opted not to. In the end it was still very good, and I’m glad I didn’t sauce it up more. If I had, it probably would have been too soupy, and that would have been a whole other issue. 😉 This turned out to be a really good meal. I ended up having four servings, lol.
Cheesy Beef ‘n’ Pasta Casserole
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Bake Time: 25 minutes
- Yields: 6 servings
- 18 oz (500g) Spiral Pasta
- 26 oz (750g) ground (minced) beef
- 14 oz (400g) canned (tinned) peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 5 oz (140g) cream cheese
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 356F (180C)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat, brown the beef.
- Add the tomatoes with juice, salt and sugar and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate, medium bowl combine the sour cream, cream cheese and onion, mix well.
- In a 8 x 12 in (20x30cm) baking dish place half of the noodles
- Then all of the meat mixture
- Then the cream mixture
- Top with the remaining noodles
- Sprinkle with the cheese, enough to cover the top
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Serve hot
About the author Chyina
I’m a Goth/Hippie who loves to try new things and dabbles in anything and everything that I find enjoyment in. That can include but is not limited to, cooking, art, digital design, jewellery making, photography, gardening, nature, animals and whatever else strikes my fancy. I’m an optimistic (occasionally) perfectionist (constantly), who can be very sarcastic (incessantly), but all in good humour. :)