Pasta has got to be one of my favourite foods (along with a lot of other things). When I was a kid there use to be certain things that I would order at restaurants. Spaghetti was always one of them. Almost anywhere that had it as an option I’d order it. Of course, like any good mother she had a recipe of her own, and of course, it is still one of the best I’ve ever had. 😀
If you love pasta, pasta sauce or spaghetti, this is a must recipe. Even if all you want to do is just try it. It’s saucy, meaty, and bread dipping delicious! You can even use it as a dipping sauce for other things, such as mozz sticks, or as a pizza sauce! Whatever you use it for it’s a great addition to any recipe list.
Mum’s Spaghetti Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 ½ hours (about)
- Yields: 2-4 servings
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 c. chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic(minced)
- 1 can(16 oz.) tomatoes(diced, if possible)
- 1 can(15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 T. parsley flakes
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 t. basil leaves
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. oregano leaves
- 8 oz. thin spaghetti
- Combine ground beef, ground lean pork, chopped onions, and minced garlic in large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Cook and stir until meat is browned and onions are tender. Make sure to break up the meat into small bits as it is cooking.
- Drain off any fat.
- After draining meat, put meat mixture back into your saucepan/Dutch oven.
- Add to the meat mixture the canned tomatoes and break up with fork into smallish bits.
- Stir in canned tomato sauce, 2 T. parsley flakes, 2 T. sugar, 1 t. basil leaves, 1 t. salt and 1 t. oregano leaves.
- Reduce heat and simmer(very low heat) uncovered for 1 hour or until mixture is the consistency of spaghetti sauce, stirring occasionally.
About the author Chyina
I’m a Goth/Hippie who loves to try new things and dabbles in anything and everything that I find enjoyment in. That can include but is not limited to, cooking, art, digital design, jewellery making, photography, gardening, nature, animals and whatever else strikes my fancy. I’m an optimistic (occasionally) perfectionist (constantly), who can be very sarcastic (incessantly), but all in good humour. :)