I’m sure you’ve guessed by now that I like my food spicy. 😀 The beauty of this recipe is that it is easy to make in mild form if you like. I really enjoyed this one, and had two helpings of it. However, I do need to find a way to make the tortillas crispy, and stay that way through the baking process. I think it would add a lot to the dish if I could. Any suggestions on how I can do this?
Spicy Chicken Taco Casserole
- 1 package of large tortillas
1 can re-fried beans
4 cups hot salsa
1 cup of sliced black olives
1 pound (500 g) ground (minced) chicken
1 packet of hot taco seasoning
4 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese
Sour Cream (optional)
- In a large fry pan, cook your chicken.
- Once chicken is cooked, add your olives, taco seasoning, and 2 cups salsa to the pan.
- Simmer over low heat until juices are almost evaporated.
- In a 9inX13in (22cmX33cm) oven dish, layer some tortillas to cover the bottom.
- Next add your meat mix to the dish, then top with 2 cups cheese.
- Add another layer of tortillas, then spread out your beans, 2 cups salsa, and 2 cups cheese.
- Cover the top with a final layer of tortillas.
- Bake at 350F (180C) for 35 minutes.
- Serve hot, with sour cream (optional).
About the author Chyina
I’m a Goth/Hippie who loves to try new things and dabbles in anything and everything that I find enjoyment in. That can include but is not limited to, cooking, art, digital design, jewellery making, photography, gardening, nature, animals and whatever else strikes my fancy. I’m an optimistic (occasionally) perfectionist (constantly), who can be very sarcastic (incessantly), but all in good humour. :)