Admittedly I cheated a little with this recipe. Some leftovers were reworked, but the result was great. I’m one of those people that when I have leftovers I don’t like to simply reheat them. Generally I tend to add them to other things or make a whole new recipe. It can get confusing later when I want to remember what the H I did, but it’s usually well worth it.
Given that this is basically two recipes in one pot I will do my best to get a coherent final recipe for you to try. 😉
Spicy Steak ‘n’ Pasta
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- Yields: 4-6 servings
- 1 Fillet Steak (eye or tenderloin), cooked rare to medium rare
- Penne pasta
- 1 cup diced fresh Spinach
- 1 small-medium diced white Onion
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup softened Cream cheese
- 1 can of Tomatoes w/juice
- 1 teaspoon ground Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Cream
- Set out your cream cheese to soften.
- In a fry pan cook up your steak. If you like your steak well, you’ll want to cook it medium rare. If you like your steak MR you’ll want to cook it rare. The steak will cook more later on in the recipe.
- While your steak is cooking get a large pot of water boiling with your Penne Noodles.
- Chop your spinach and onion.
- Shred your cheese if you haven’t bought it pre-shredded.
- Once your steak is cooked, cut it into thin small strips.
- Drain your pasta and place back into your pot.
- Add your cut steak and cheeses to the pasta.
- Stir slightly so the cheeses soften.
- Add your spinach, onion, tomatoes, spices, and cream.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Place your pot back on a low heat and let simmer until cheeses are melted and sauces are reduced.
- Serve hot.
About the author Chyina
I’m a Goth/Hippie who loves to try new things and dabbles in anything and everything that I find enjoyment in. That can include but is not limited to, cooking, art, digital design, jewellery making, photography, gardening, nature, animals and whatever else strikes my fancy. I’m an optimistic (occasionally) perfectionist (constantly), who can be very sarcastic (incessantly), but all in good humour. :)